Sunday, May 9, 2010

Live Sketch

Hello. Golden Week is over and I’d like to thank all the customers I drew and all the artists I worked with for the fun time.

I have some new live sketches here. Sorry it’s been a while. Recently it has been suggested to me to update my style, so I’ve been looking for things to do differently. I’ve bee working with the artstix again and trying to use them more in my drawings. I still have to be careful of overworking my hands so I’ve started doing more drawings where the face is colored with the artstix and then the large filler area like the hair and background I do with the softer crayons. Fortunately, the hot summer weather is just around the corner, so that should make the artstix much easier to work with.

I’m sure all of these drawings will be instantly recognizable as mine, but I’ve also been studying the work of other artists for inspiration. During the busy times it’s easier to do what feels natural too keep the speed up, but I’d like to try to focus on getting in a different frame of mind to come up with some new stuff.

I guess that was a lot of art talk, but I hope all of you non artists out there enjoy the fun time animal drawings. :0)













No comments: